Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm Not Coming Back, You're Taking Seven Steps Here

I went back to my previous city of residence from Sunday to Tuesday, and I found myself missing The Only Living Boy in New York so much that I almost started to cry. Even worse, I almost emailed him. The great poet Miley Cyrus helped me to avoid falling into that trap. I reminded myself that I could go back to that relationship but I didn't enjoy it before and there is no reason to believe that it would be different now. It would be disingenuous to go back in the hopes that he would change his mind. I gave him ample opportunity to change his mind, and he didn't. If he were to come to me, which I admit is a long shot, then maybe it would indicate the possibility of something different, but all I can do is keep pushing forward.

No comments: