Monday, August 4, 2008

O Canada

Montreal this weekend was not all that interesting. Maybe I don't really like traveling by myself, or maybe it was that Montreal, while beautiful, does not have that many things to do for a person on her own.

I couldn't get over the fact that in less than an hour of flying time, I was in a totally different country. I didn't really expect it to be so different from the U.S., but it was a lot more like Europe (the slogan I came up with for the Canadian Tourism Board was "Canada: It's Like a Whole Other Country," which narrowly beat out "Canada: Being a Superpower is Overrated" and "Canada: We're Just Like Americans Except People Like Us"). Also, after a lifetime of cursing Canadian pennies in my change, it felt weird to actually seek out Canadian money. Anyway, it was okay.

No comments: