Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Tyranny of Evil Men

I learned something yesterday about the corporate culture of my day job that helped me to understand why everyone thinks my temp supervisor is so delightful when he is, in fact, a complete weenis. The managing partner of the firm thinks it's appropriate to scream obscenities at his subordinates (i.e., everyone) until they cry. The Ghost of Christmas Future said that he yells at his secretary when she leaves her desk to go to the bathroom. What is the poor woman supposed to do? Pee in her trash can? Rumor has it that she keeps a journal of everything he says to her, and I hope she uses that information to sue his ass off one day. (I'm not really sure what cause of action she could use. As I understand it, one defense to a claim of hostile work environment is that the defendant was an asshole to everyone. Nice.)

When the leader of the firm sets the example that it is perfectly acceptable to be abusive to underlings, then how can I be surprised that my temp supervisor is horrible to me? When you compare his passive-aggressive pettiness to the cruelty of his ultimate boss, he looks like a sweetie-pie.

1 comment:

Shabby_Chickadora said...

They are simply called "BULLY"
They are so insecure they use their position to abuse many...