Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Do I Make Your Heart Beat Like an 808 Drum? Is My Love Your Drug?

Mango is a shitty boyfriend. Besides the facts that he moved in with his girlfriend to avoid finding a warm grate on which to make his home and that he has no intention of either marrying her or telling her he doesn't want to marry her (facts that are pretty damning), he is also not thoughtful.

I asked him today if he would get me a cookie when he went out to get his lunch. I started out about halfway kidding about it, but when he humorlessly refused, I got annoyed. He told me that he doesn't even get his girlfriend cookies when she asks for them. At that point, I scratched him right off my list of potential boyfriends.

It's one thing for him to refuse to get me a cookie, even though he was pretty much just being a dick. But his girlfriend asks him for cookies and he doesn't provide them? No. That is breaking the basic code of conduct for being a boyfriend. I don't expect a man to read my mind, but if I ask him to give me something specific, and it is within his power to do so, then I expect him to do it. I think men are hardwired to provide for the women they like. It's embedded into their DNA as hunter-gatherers. In my opinion, if I ask a man to hunt and gather for me and he won't do it, then he's not very interested in me and is kind of a shithead.

2 comments:

Sakko said...

Totally agree with you.Where I come from, we can't say no for anything we can get....Its violative of the protocol and very inconsiderate.
On the other hand i tend to absolutely adore/sometimes fall for those who get me a cookie anyway..just in case I wanted one.

Erin said...

sounds like a real douchebag. I've met those types before, 99% are users, stay away!