Thursday, September 4, 2008

Should I Give Up or Should I Just Keep Chasing Pavements, Even If It Leads Nowhere?

I ran into the cute guy from work again today. When I wanted to run into him, I would not have been able to do so if I lurked in his bedroom. Now that I want to avoid him, he's suddenly everywhere. Fucking of course. Lord, why are you punishing me, Your humble servant? What have I done to offend You? I must add that he (the cute guy from work, not the Lord) seems no more interested in making out with/getting to know me than he has at any point since we went to lunch. Maybe I wasn't as interesting at lunch as I hoped? Maybe he doesn't understand that when both of us are conversing and also laughing that that is what is called "fun" here on Planet Earth? Maybe he doesn't think that co-workers should date, so he avoids me because otherwise he might, to paraphrase Blanche Devereaux, succumb to the Vesuvius of passion about to erupt between us? I've lost 17 fucking pounds, and I look fantastic. I think he owes it to me to at least buy me one dinner and make out with me once.

No comments: