Friday, July 10, 2009

No No No No No No No...Mama Mia, Mama Mia, Mama Mia, Let Me Go

Life is one big "no" right now. One. Big. No. It's quite depressing, really.

Every day, I spend the majority of my energy looking for a new job. And every day, the message I receive is that I have nothing to offer that anyone wants. It's simple supply and demand, like I learned in my high school economics class. Lawyers in my practice area are in copious supply and minimal demand, and I really don't have anything to offer to set me apart from the horde of nearly identical job seekers all vying for the same small handful of available positions.

Basically, I think I'm going to have to wait out the current economic depression (not to mention my current personal depression) before I have any chance of finding a job at a salary that will allow me to pay my mortgage and my usurious student loans. I just don't know how much longer I can deal with being told every day, multiple times per day, that every achievement I've worked so hard for (not to mention the money spent) is worthless.

No comments: