Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Times They Aren't A-Changin'

I am still woefully unemployed. On the up side, I'm zipping off to Peru this week to enjoy the splendors of the Amazon and Machu Picchu and other splendors of which I am not currently aware.

I applied for a job last week through a legal recruiter for which I would be the perfect choice. The main responsibilities are researching and writing legal articles. I love research and writing, and I flatter myself to think I'm good at it. My concern is that I'll be summarily dismissed without any consideration because my resume came through a recruiter. The employer has posted the position on its website, so it is certain that applicants without a recruiter's fee attached will apply. Sigh. I hate knowing about this job because I found out about it through a legal recruiter but that very fact will likely preclude me from being hired, and now that I know the job is out there, I want it desperately, and it will really disappoint me when I don't get it.

No comments: