Saturday, January 9, 2010

When You Call Me on the Phone, You're Buggin' Me

If I needed any additional confirmation that paying off my credit card bills is the right thing to do, I got it today.

I'm signed up for electronic receipt of my credit card statements with all my cards. I realized last night that I couldn't remember when the last time was that I received a statement email from one of my two remaining cards, so I checked online. To my dismay, I was already a few days late with my payment, so I scheduled one immediately. Today, I received three phone calls in about seven hours hounding me to make a payment. When I finally spoke to someone after the third call, I informed him shirtily that (1) I had already scheduled a payment and (2) it's annoying and unnecessary to call people that frequently. Then I had to talk to two other departments about my missed statement email.

Seriously, though. Why do collections agencies have these practices. Nowadays, everyone has caller ID, so the chances of a collections agent getting you on the phone are slim unless you want to talk with them. If you've already scheduled your payment, it will just piss you off. If you haven't scheduled it, then it won't suddenly cause you to find money and give it to them. Weird.

No comments: