Friday, July 2, 2010

Unforgettable, That's What You Are


I emailed a friend of mine to ask her what she thought about this business with the guy who totally forgot who I was despite having spent an entire evening of his life three scant days ago talking to me. This was her thought on how he should have responded:

Hi [my name]!! I am so glad you emailed because I wanted to get in touch with you but was mugged immediately upon leaving the meet-up and I lost your card! AAAAhhhhh NY :o) I would love to get together for drinks and chat more - although lets be real, Twitter sucks and between you and me, I was dying to say that at the meet-and-greet but I couldn't because of my job. Now, feeling free to be who I am, I will say that it is obnoxious, egomaniacal and I would have nothing to do with it otherwise. Oh, and did I mention that in my spare time I save puppies and baby seals? How about dinner at Balthazar or someplace else insanely expensive? I would love to treat you like a princess...Say Friday at 8? My driver and I will pick you up in my Rolls. Oh yea...and my dad is a Duke. Look forward to trying to sweep you off your feet! - [his name]

At least the people who do remember me are funny. I think only Blair Waldorf meets guys who turn out to be dukes, and, as we all know, I am Serena van der Woodsen.

No comments: