Monday, January 19, 2009

Some Shit I Definitely Don't Need

Still nothing from Catalano. It occurred to me this morning that he may have had to prepare for a trial this weekend after all, but my very next thought after that was, "I do not care." Being up to his eyeballs in trial preparation this weekend is a perfectly rational reason not to respond to my email, but it doesn't erase the sting of the weird text message fight we had. And all his reticence has done, regardless of why it is happening, is give me more time to think and get pissed off.

He was offended that I de-friended him after not hearing from him pursuant to his previous plan to visit between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and he said he wanted to come this weekend because a three-day weekend would give him a chance to spend more time with me. Then, the day before he was supposed to come, he has some weird malfunction and decides he doesn't want to come. Even worse, he manages to make me feel bad about it first and push me into being the one to suggest he not come. As the grand finale, when I try to smooth things over, he makes no reply. Rawr!

No comments: