Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm All Right, I'm Just Fine, And You're a Tool

So, I finally heard back from Friday night's date, and I think I might be more annoyed than if he'd just continued to ignore me. He chose to respond only to my remark about the Schwarzenegger movies available on one of the on demand channels (he mentioned being a big fan of 1980s Schwarzenegger movies on our date, and I told him I would find out which on demand channel had a bunch of those movies available this month), but he didn't say anything about hanging out again.

I'm no fan of the book He's Just Not That Into You, but it appears that this fellow is just not that into me. It took him two days to respond to my email, and when he did, he didn't suggest hanging out again in the future, even as a tentative plan (e.g., "let's hang out later this week"). I cannot put it more succinctly than one of my friends did, so I will cut and paste her words:

"Write him off. You don't need the stress of trying to figure out his mixed messages. There could be a million and one reasons why he is behaving like this but the fact is, he failed to measure up to expectations within 48 friggin hours of meeting you, and you deserve better."

No comments: