Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Look of Love

I recently made a new friend at work. This guy is cute, smart and funny, but he's a little socially awkward and is thus kind of an office oddball. I didn't like him when I first met him, but he has grown on me over time. I'm attracted to him, and I get the vibe that he is attracted to me as well.

But.

He has a live-in girlfriend. Even though "romantic attractions to guys with girlfriends" is second on my list of much-loved activities right after "darting to and fro between various foreign countries," I'm trying to reform. Getting interested in guys with girlfriends has led only to tears in the past, and I have no reason to believe it won't continue to lead there in the future. I still think this guy is nice, and I'd like to develop with him a workplace friendship of convenience that makes the day pass more pleasantly for both of us. Win-win!

But.

The dude is giving off serious vibes of being interested. I'm not saying he acts like he's interested in dumping his girlfriend and taking up with me, but he's interested in seeing me in my pajamas for sure. I was in his office today trying to get him to trade my crumpled, ripped dollar bill for a crisper one that the vending machine in our office (a finicky beast) would take, and he gave me total sex daggers when I leaned across his desk to take the money from him. I thought I might have flashed him some boob, but when I leaned over in the bathroom to see what he might have seen, the girls were locked and loaded and not trying to leap into anyone's field of vision. Trouble is brewing here.

2 comments:

Shanel said...

sounds like a fun exploration but beware... as you said... he does have a live in girlfriend... I would definitely befriend him though... I'm sure he needs it.

Niamh B said...

I had heard that new york was a fairly big place, are there no other single people around there that you could befriend? Seems a bit of a risky business trying to be friends with someone who is interested in seeing you in pyjamas... makes for entertaining reading tho.