Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We Met in a Chat Room, Now Our Love Can Fully Bloom

I've been hitting on this new guy lately. Well, he's not really new. I've known him since August, and he's a supervisor of mine at one of my temp jobs. I normally wouldn't flirt with my boss, but after meeting him twice in person, I haven't seen him again, and I think he was promoted so that he's not my direct report anymore. (This may mean he's now my boss's boss and even worse idea for a flirting companion, but I'm going to think positively.)

The good thing about this fellow is that he doesn't seem to have a girlfriend. The bad thing is that I suspect he doesn't have a girlfriend because he's constantly at work and isn't very social (...says the kettle). He likes to joke around a bit on email, but he doesn't seem to have much interest in taking anything to the next level. I don't necessarily mean the next level romantically -- even just the next level of spending face-to-face time together as friends. Today, I told him I would buy him a cookie if he would leave his office. He probably thought I was kidding. He didn't respond. A friend of mine suggested I should offer to lure him out with my womanly charms, but I thought that might be a bit hasty.

I'm not serious about this guy. He's very cute, and I wish he were more receptive to my awkward internet-based advances, but it's nice to have a guy to talk to who isn't cheating on his girlfriend any time he gives me the Sex Eye. It'd be nice though if he decided he was ready to stop being interpals and drink a beverage together in real life.

No comments: