Monday, April 19, 2010

Mr. Nice Guy

Every time I talk to Mango, it surprises me how nice a guy he is. Like, he's really just a good, decent person. This is a rarity in the world in general and almost a liability in the legal profession. For example, today we were talking about the poor folks who have been stranded in various airports due to the ash from the eruption of the Icelandic volcano. Mango bemoaned the fact that some of these people are being docked vacation days for these events that are indisputably beyond their control and said he hoped that most companies weren't doing that. He also noted that journalists are doing stories about people who have run out of money and battery life on their cell phones and said he hopes the journalists are doing something to help these people instead of just saying, "I'm going to call my wife on my cell phone and decide if I'm going to have steak or steak for dinner. Maybe I'll have two steaks."

1 comment:

Shanel said...

you know what... I never realized how the people who are stranded might not be so happy.... I thought of it as an extended vacation... but you and Mango are so right .... I bet there are some companies who are penalizing people.... and that's truly sad.