Monday, May 19, 2008

Dr. Feelgood

I am getting more and more excited about my upcoming trip, but what I am not excited about is the plane ride. I'm not too afraid of flying, but after I flew from Florida to Australia for my high school graduation trip, it lost its allure to me. It's boring and it takes too long, and I'm really disappointed that we don't seem to have developed the technology to beam places like on Star Trek (this would also be great for the environment). I wanted to get some sleeping pills to tranquilize myself into submission on the flight over, but I doubted my ability to do it. I tried to wheedle medicine out of Cindy Kim, but he deflected. I hinted around to my dermatologist, but she was too distracted by how ugly my head is to notice. As a last resort, I called my primary care provider's office and just told the truth -- that I'm flying to Morocco and want something to put me to sleep on the plane. My doctor wrote me a prescription for 10 sleeping pills with no further inquiry! I can't believe it!

No comments: