Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's Been One Week Since You Looked at Me, Dropped Your Head to the Side and Said, "I'm Angry"

I've been shamefully neglectful of my blog this past week. Then again, not much has been going on. I've been intermittently busy at work and have been using any down time I have to buy travel guides and plan trips for FY 2009 and 2010. My big travel plan is to see most of the things I want to see before I die by December 31, 2010. Namely, I want to see the pyramids, the Taj Mahal and Angkor Wat and visit Russia. (I also want to see the Great Wall of China, but China is a massive undertaking that might have to wait until my mid-thirties and/or until the State Department's website doesn't have such dire warnings about travel to that region.) The trip to see the pyramids is already booked, and now I'm vigorously researching the rest of it.

Other than that, Cindy Kim and I have been in a variety of fights that he doesn't know about. As mentioned, I still have no idea what's going on between us. I haven't seen him since Passover, but he invited me out to dinner at some unspecified future time to be named later to celebrate a recent victory of mine over an important test. I'm hoping that we will identify a time to meet, and I'm also hoping that this could serve as an opportunity to discuss what is going on between us. I'm not sure it's the wisest idea to have a version of the "Where is this relationship going?" talk with Cindy Kim (a version that would be most aptly called the "What the fuck is happening in this relationship and why don't I ever know about any of it?" talk), but I'm not sure it's the wisest idea to persist in a state of confusion and frustration either. If everyone's feelings are out on the table, then I'll know what's going on and can figure out how to deal with it.

No comments: