Saturday, February 14, 2009

Walk (of Shame) Like an Egyptian

Just got back from vacation, and I'm so exhausted. I feel a lot better after taking a shower. There's just something about American showers that makes me feel cleaner than foreign showers. There is a layer of grime that foreign showers just can't remove.

This was probably my favorite trip that I have ever taken, and I travel more than Carmen Sandiego. Egypt was cool (though the pyramids were not as amazing as I expected and Cairo is filthy, Abu Simbel is incredible and the Nile is gorgeous), but the other folks in my group really made the trip for me.

I'm too tired to get into all the details now, but I ended up totally throwing myself at this guy who turned out to be a semi-closeted gay (I thought I left that kind of behavior behind freshman year of college, but I guess not entirely), and ultimately hooked up with this guy who I thought was totally annoying. The annoying guy ended up being really sweet and not at all how I thought and apparently had a crush on me the entire trip, which was a twist I did not expect. Of course, hooking up with that guy resulted in my having to travel home with an absolutely enormous hickey on my neck that made all the Delta representatives I encountered look at me like a filthsome skank. Whatever. They're just jealous.

Off to bed.

1 comment:

me said...

camen sandiego. very nice.