Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thinking But Not Out Loud, There Are Too Many Prophets Here

I interviewed today for a recruiting job that I didn't think I wanted. I'm still not sure I want it, but it gave me a new idea. Here are three things I know for sure: (1) I don't like practicing law and I wouldn't miss it if I stopped, (2) The practice of law has indicated that the feeling is mutual, and (3) I don't know what else I want to do. That means I'm in a state of arrested development, or suspended animation. I keep waiting to figure out what I want to do with my life, but I'm just in a rut. Maybe if I took a job in a slightly different (but admittedly related) area, it would give me some new insights. Maybe it's even possible that recruiting would end up being what I want to do. Just a thought.

No comments: