Monday, June 7, 2010

Widespread Panic

I think I made a mistake switching jobs.

The temp job I'm at now is only going to last for three weeks. Typically, when a temp job says it will last for three weeks, that means it will last for a year. I started my night job in August 2009 being told it was a three-week project, and I'm still working on it. There are some people who started on it in March 2009 who are still on it. This one has a hard deadline of July 1, and they say that there isn't going to be anything much going on beyond that deadline.

Shit. Shitty shit shit. Shit on a shit cracker.

I hated my old boss, and I complained about him every day. I hated going into that job. But the work wasn't drying up in a matter of weeks. Now I'm freaking out because I traded in a long-term job for one that will last only for the next few weeks. I came home tonight and emailed every legal temp placement agency I could find about jobs starting in July, so I hope to find something else. The good news is that Craig's List shows a lot of document review jobs, all paying about the same rate that I make at this new job.

No comments: