Friday, October 31, 2008

The Less I Seek My Source For Some Definitive, The Closer I Am To Fine

There have been some small indications of progress on the job front this week. I met with a head hunter who is going to submit my resume to two good firms here in town, and I badgered a partner into saying he would put me on a (non-billable) project of his.

I don't want to leave my current employer, but I see no real downside to seeking employment elsewhere. At worst, I won't get any interviews and the resumes will be wasted bullets. At best, I'll get a job offer or two, and I can go to my current employer and say, "Fuck you. These places want to hire me. Do you want me to leave or will you guarantee in writing that I can stay?" It is better to create more options for myself. At least it makes me feel proactive and forces me to update my resume.

No comments: