Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm Slowly Drifting In the Arms of Trouble, Then Trouble Holds Me

I finally heard back from The Only Living Boy in New York today. After taking forever to respond, his entire reply was, "When you put it that way, I don't know how to respond!" (exclamation point in original). What scintillating clarity! (exclamation mine). What a heartfelt apology! (exclamation everyone's).

I admit, Dear Reader, that I should not have continued to engage him. Obviously, this man has a brain the size of a pea if it took him an entire week (plus the previous six months) to come up with telling me that he didn't know how to respond. I submit that the fact that he has rejected my friendship, my girlfriendship and my friends-with-benefitsship is also evidence of his pea-sized brain and maybe also his pea-sized junk. But I am on this streak of externalizing my anger because I shouldn't be the only one feeling crappy. I emailed him back and said: "You really hurt my feelings. I have offered to be your friend, your girlfriend and your friend-with-benefits at various times, and none of those things seemed to make you happy. If you don't have a compelling excuse, I don't have anything else for you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!

Molly x

http://onehundred-x.blogspot.com/
(my challenge to do 100 things ive always wanted to do in 365 days)

Chris said...

the only thing missing was you responding with, "oh, and fuck you."