Friday, August 21, 2009

I Believe In You and Now I'll Show It...Baby, You're My Light

I heard back from Goose! He sent me a very sweet email in which he mentioned his hopes for seeing me next year somewhere in the Americas or the United States. He thought he was going to get to come to the United States with his job in February, but he said that isn't looking so good at the moment. Massive disappointment. He also signed the email with "love," which isn't really indicative of anything but still sent my heart into flutters.

I waited most of the day to write him back. I wasn't trying to play games with him by waiting to reply, but I like to give myself time to think over what I want to say in these situations. It's so annoying to hit "send" on an email and then think of something else witty, clever or germane that I wanted to say. In my response email, I suggested that if he can't come to see me for awhile, I could go to see him. I said that I sensed he might be skeptical of that idea (read: that he might not be able to think of a plausible reason that his girlfriend would accept for my presence in his home), but that he should say yes because it's the best idea ever.

No comments: