Thursday, August 20, 2009

Who Are You?

A funny thing happened tonight. I was busy trying not to email Goose when my mom called (you don't know how much I wish that sentence had ended "when Goose called"). I told her that I was trying to hold myself back from emailing him, and she encouraged me to go ahead and do it.

My mom is a Rules girl from way back. She has always counseled me against putting myself out there with men, urging reticence and caution at every turn. I don't know what came over her. When I questioned her about it, she essentially said that if he's ignoring me, then it won't matter and if he isn't, he'll know that I'm interested and was thinking of him. Makes sense. I mean, I'm in love with this guy. If I don't make at least a minimal effort to let him know that I'm thinking of him (while not letting him know the true extent of my feelings yet), I'm at risk of short-changing myself.

No comments: