Sunday, August 23, 2009

How Soon Is Now?

I miss Goose so much. He hasn't responded yet to the email I sent him on Saturday. While I don't doubt that he will, in time, I hate to wait. I want to talk to him all the time. I want to be with him all the time.

It's hard for me to empathize with Goose's position in our friendship, or whatever term is most appropriate for what is happening between us. For me, things are so obvious. I love him, I believe he loves me, and people who love each other should be together. It's all so linear and logical, like a geometric proof. For him, the equation looks much different.

He's already in a relationship with someone who, I must admit, sounds like a nice, decent woman. It's obvious to me that they are not suited for each other in the long haul (and I don't say this because I want him to end up with me but rather because if all his emotional needs were being met in this relationship, he wouldn't have been enmeshed with me as he was), but it will be one of those break-ups in which no one is a bad person and no one did anything in particular that was hurtful or unforgivable. Even if he accepted that he fell in love with me, it is easy to see that he would hesitate to end his current relationship over it (easy to see, hard to understand).

I just miss him so much. I've never felt like this before. I'm sure that the two of us will see each other again -- we're both young, financially secure passport-holders and we both want to see each other again -- but I want it to be now.

No comments: