Thursday, August 20, 2009

She Works Hard for the Money

Still nothing from Goose. He has been absent from Facebook too, so I have no idea what is going on with him. I considered emailing him again, but I figured that if he's trying to ignore me, that will be a disaster, and if he's too busy to email, it will just make him feel more overwhelmed.

In other news, my employment prospects are brightening. My phone screening with the job that I really, really want went well enough that the company invited me in for in-person interviews next week. I believe that will be the last round of interviews before hiring decisions are made, but in the current economic climate, interviews are interminable. I also have another phone screening tomorrow, and a friend of mine thinks there is an opening in his group (he works as in-house counsel) and plans to submit my resume for the job. So, even though I'm preoccupied with Goose and his whereabouts, my employment situation seems to be making some positive progress. Hurray for that. There is no reason to be broken-hearted and unemployed.

No comments: