Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If Love Is So Easy Then Why Am I Stuck...I'm Still Lost and Running

I took a nap and had a productive conversation with my mom about the guy from vacation. I feel much better now.

Mom pointed out that this guy has a lot to think about right now, and I have to give him time to sort through his feelings. She also hypothesized that he needs to be given the chance to return home, see his girlfriend, and realize that the relationship feels flat compared to how he feels when he's with me. (Again, she seems like a very nice person. I wish her no ill will. But no matter how nice she is, that doesn't make her his soul mate.) In fairness, it's not like he can be realistically expected to decide instantly that he's going to do a complete clear-out of his life plans and invite me to move where he lives or request a posting to where I live. On the other hand, there is the possibility that he boarded the plane and was like, "Um, okay, next." The evidence doesn't point in that direction, but if that is how he feels, then he's an asshole and I'm best off without him.

If I'm being honest with myself, I believe I will see him again. I think I'll see him again before Christmas. I don't know if that will really happen, but it's my gut feeling. So, deep breaths. Keep hiding the crazy (from him, obviously, not from the blogosphere).

No comments: