Monday, August 31, 2009

I Am One of Your People But the Cars Don't Stop, And It's Been a Long Time Since Before I've Been Touched, Now I'm Getting Touched All the Time

Today was a mixed bag.

Starting with the bad news, the job that I really hoped to get...I did not get. I wasn't surprised by this news because I thought the interview went poorly. My final and most highly-ranked interviewer became confrontational and a little bit shitty with me over my lack of experience, which pissed me off because it's not like I didn't submit a fucking resume. He (or his agent) could have looked at the resume, seen my level of experience, decided it wasn't enough, and saved me a lot of time and wasted hope. Based on my interaction with this ass clown and some information I was able to glean from my other interviewers about the true nature of the job (it was somewhat misrepresented, I think, in the posting), I didn't really want the job anymore anyway, but it was still discouraging not to get it after trying so hard.

Ending with the good news, I talked to Goose this morning. He received the scarf I hand-knit him out of baby alpaca wool (super soft) for his birthday, and he was quite chuffed about it. He said it was beautiful and was overall very gracious and sweet about it. For my part, I am beside myself with happiness to think of his having it. Making something for someone by hand is equivalent to giving him a piece of yourself. As long as he has that scarf, he'll think of me and know how much I cared about him to make it for him. I also enclosed a little birthday note with it to say that I wanted him to have it as a memento of our time together in Peru (and I mentioned he could use it in lieu of my inner thighs to keep his neck warm until we see each other again, which, believe me, is way less graphic than a lot of things he's said to me, so he probably laughed his ass off). Anyway, I hope he treasures it always.

No comments: