Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Been a Long Time Since Before I've Been Touched, Now I'm Getting Touched All the Time

I heard from the guy from the trip today! It was a short email, but it cheered me up. He said he hadn't replied earlier because he had unreliable wi-fi access and was able to receive but not send emails. He told me he is having fun on his current trip but the group is more subdued. (My goal is for him to have fun, but not as much fun as he had with me. Maybe this is not an admirable goal, but I'm a human being and in love with him and I want him to be happy but also miss me.) Anyway, he said he would send me a proper email when he's back home and operating in his normal environment. He also cutely brought up the fact that I didn't have any photos of him in my Facebook photo album of our trip to Peru.

Now, I deliberately chose not to put photos of him in the album. Before we left Peru, he downloaded a bunch of my photos (including all the ones of him in which I was not included) onto his computer and then posted them himself. He said he did that so he could have the kind of high-quality images you can't get when you download people's photos off Facebook, but I assumed that there was also a component of not wanting his girlfriend to say, "Who is this chick and why does she have all these photos posted of you?" But since he brought it up, I posted my favorite photo of the two of us together with a caption that said (in Spanish): "This is my sweetie. I miss him very much." I don't know why he brought up his omission from my photo album, but I like to believe that it's because he wants people to know we hung out and that it's a step on the road to his reevaluating his situation and deciding that I'm what has been missing from his life all along. (I accept that this is a pretty large-sized hope to have.)

In any case, I'm just glad I heard from him. I hope I will again.

No comments: