Sunday, September 6, 2009

Even Though They Do Not Know It, All Mankind are Now Your Brothers

I haven't talked to Goose in four days. I was giving him some space for a few of those days (or, rather, giving myself some space from him), but now that I'm trying to run into him on Skype, he's nowhere to be found. Skype shows he hasn't been online in four days, though he has been on Facebook. If I had a reason that didn't feel entirely flimsy, I could email him, but I prefer to wait him out.

I really miss him. Now that we're both at home, I'm starting to see that he has certain defects (particularly in his inability to commit to a woman) that would be hard for me to deal with if he were my boyfriend. In spite of that, I'm in love with the man. The time I spent with him in Peru was, I now realize, the happiest I have ever been in my whole life. That wasn't entirely due to him -- Peru is a magnificent country full of friendly people, delicious food, incomparable sites and incredible shopping -- but he was a major part of it.

I can't explain the connection I feel to Goose. I can't explain what it is about him that makes me feel the way that I do, though he has many fine qualities that I can easily name (kindness, intelligence, humor, etc.). More than one person has criticized how attached I am to him based on spending a week with him, but I guess they've just never had something like this happen to them. I want to have that feeling again. I want to have it even more and all the time. I'm just not thinking that Goose wants to play his part in making that happen.

No comments: