Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jumping to Conclusions

I've been giving some more thought to the various questions I've been posing here on this blog, and I've drawn some conclusions.

Conclusion #1: These questions do have answers, but there are as many answers as there are people asking. For example, the article I linked to advised readers to settle for "Mr. Good Enough." I gave that article some serious thought, and it occurred to me that the author had chosen to raise a baby on her own. That's a valid choice, but it's a tough row to hoe. I have trouble sometimes taking care of Teh Doggeh by myself, and I can leave him alone during the day, unlike a baby. If I had a kid who needed constant attention, I would probably be happy enough to hand the kid off to any other person, male or female, who seemed even somewhat responsible. In addition, this author is at least twelve years older than I am, and she might be romanticizing some relationships in her past or how well those relationships would have made the transition to marriage. I'm not in the author's position, so even though her solution may be right for her, it is not right for me. I have to find my own answers.

Conclusion #2: Men who like you, like you; men who don't like you, don't like you. You can read The Rules or its ilk, but this is what it boils down to. Improving your appearance through wardrobe improvements or physical regimes is helpful, but I think these factors play more into increasing self-confidence, which, in turn, makes others more attracted to you.

That's all I have for now.

No comments: