Sunday, April 20, 2008

New York City Ain't No Kind of Place for a Country Girl with a Friendly Face

I went back to my former city of residence this weekend for a short visit. A friend of mine from school is moving across the country, and I wanted to make sure I saw him before he left, and I hadn't been back since I moved, so it seemed like a good time to go back. I had a wonderful time, the weather was gorgeous, and I got to do a lot of things I missed doing and see a lot of old friends I missed. I even went by my old office to say hello to my former coworkers.

It was the perfect trip in the sense that I had a great time, but it also reinforced my decision to move. My former home, while it offers much in the way of culture, is also dirty, loud, crowded and stressful. I felt wound up the minute I landed at the airport. My new home suits me much better, and I'm glad I live here now.

No comments: