Friday, June 20, 2008

Little Red Riding Hood

The disgusting molester from the plane will not desist. Last night, I had the inspired but ultimately flawed plan of telling this asshole that he was sending an email to the wrong person in an effort to make him think that I had given him a fake email address and that he was bothering some other innocent party. Unfortunately, he is a psycho but not a total idiot. I was able to piece together through his pidgin French that he was looking for me, that he said what I do for a living and the city I live in (though he erroneously stated that I live with my parents, giving me some hope that he didn't grasp everything I was saying though he seems to have gotten the salient points). I again stated that he should stop emailing me, and he sent yet another email. This is the second time I've directly told him to stop doing something and he didn't stop.

Even though I know it is unlikely that he will get a visa and come here from his country to attack me, I believe he is mentally unbalanced and that he believes he is in love with me, and that combination of factors makes him a loose cannon. I am afraid of him. Ignoring him does not dampen his ardor and flat-out telling him to stop emailing me makes him continue to email me. So, I decided to go back to solving the problem kindergarten-style and told an adult I could trust. In other words, I called the fucking cops on his ass.

I'm not sure whether the fucking cops I called on his ass can actually do anything to help me. I know enough about jurisdictional issues to know that they are complex. It would be hard enough for a police officer in my city to do something about harassing emails authored in another state, let alone another country, let alone a blip on the map in west Africa. My best case scenario is that the police report I filed today and whatever happens when I talk to the detective on my case will come up in the computer the next time this asshole applies for a visa to have the privilege to come to our beautiful country and he will have his fucking visa denied.

For good measure, I also did a Google search on the event he was in this country to attend and emailed every church official mentioned in connection with the event to tell them what happened and to suggest that they should not have him back here next year lest he come after me or molest someone else.

This situation makes me frightened and angry. Why can't this guy just fuck off? Why can't he take the hint that seven unreturned emails in a row is a brush-off? Why can't he take the hint that someone's saying to stop emailing means to stop emailing?

No comments: