Friday, June 13, 2008

On the Boats and On the Planes, They're Coming to America

I heard back from Don Juan de Morocco, contrary to what I thought would happen. (This was also contrary to what my mom thought would happen, and she and I got into a big fight over how I was ruining a nice vacation memory for myself by pushing it too far. If only she were right.) He says he's filling out visa paperwork to come here to visit me so we can be together. (By "visit," I suspect he means "live indefinitely" not "hang out for a weekend.") I am in a state of sheer, unbridled panic. When I emailed him, I thought that if I received a response at all, it would be as colorless as my initial email and give me an update on how he has been doing since I left. As Lisa Loeb would say, "This is not that. I think that I'm throwing but I'm thrown."

No comments: