Sunday, June 15, 2008

Love Will Be the Death of Me, Love is So Fickle, It Starts with a Flood and Ends With a Trickle

I decided I had to respond to Don Juan de Morocco's inquiry about applying for a visa to come here so we could be together. I didn't want to, but since I initiated contact with him, I felt responsible for his feelings to some degree. In addition to that, I at least try to treat others the way I want to be treated, and I would not want to be ignored.

The email I sent was perhaps not as strongly worded as it could have been, but I told him that I don't want him to come here just for me, even though it would be fun to see him. I suggested we see how things go and talk about it later. His response made me feel bad initially and then, as I considered it further, confused me. He said that, basically, he got the message that I didn't want to be with him (the part that made me feel bad, even though it is true), but that he didn't understand why I would say that he's only coming here to be with me and that he can just get a business visa instead. I would have to say that I thought he was only coming here to be with me because...those were his exact words. So, now I'm not sure whether I need to have some mild concerns that he's just going to turn up at my work.

1 comment:

me said...

hhmmm... are you guys lost in translation?

i'm writing again. did you know i stopped?

meow!
KR