Sunday, March 8, 2009

From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli

I talked to my BFF today about the situation with my new boy and his mysterious absence. Her cousin is in the military also, and she told me that he has to disappear for lengths of time on a moment's notice without being able to get in touch with anyone to do maneuvers or missions. In her view, it made a lot more sense to conclude that my new boy was called away on something like that than that his feelings toward me reversed polarity overnight.

I hope my BFF is right. I really care about this man. This time that we've been apart, thinking he didn't care about me anymore, makes my chest ache. I feel like part of me is missing. It's my birthday, and all I want is to be with him. I just hope he's okay.

No comments: