Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You Go Over the Line, Next Thing You're Out of Your Mind and You're Out of Your Depth

I feel like I've talked about the new boy until I've given myself TMJ.

The prevailing consensus among the people to whom I spoke today is that he'll calm down and feel differently in time and that I'm likely to hear from him again. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I can say that my intuition tells me that we're not finished yet. (Then again, my intuition might be getting its signals crossed with what I want to believe.) The other prevailing consensus is that the onus is on him to make amends, which I'm also inclined to agree with even though it isn't what I want to hear.

I miss talking to him. He really acted like a shithead and he deserves to be shunned at the moment, but we had some good conversations. I really looked forward to talking with him. When he talked about stuff that interested him (history, for example), he got so endearingly enthusiastic. It was nice to have him to talk with about things going on in my life as well. I also worry about him -- whether he's safe, whether he's lonely -- and wonder if he misses me.

No comments: