Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Miss Saigon

I had a down day today. It was just one of those days when everything seems to be piling up, and I let myself get overwhelmed.

The new guy still hasn't called. He mentioned this morning that he would try to call me today or tonight, but he hasn't. It really pisses me off. Do I not deserve better than this? We are talking about a man who said some horrible things to me, then blew me off. Then, I reached out to him to smooth things over, and he said he needed some time to think (in addition to the week he'd already had) and has since not called for a week and a half. What the fuck? I'm angry with him for being insensitive, and I'm angry with myself for spending so much energy on someone who doesn't really give a shit about me.

In addition, I'm sweating the job stuff. It's ridiculous because I need to pace myself on the stress and despair and it is really too early to expect firms to have responded to me yet anyway.

So, to cheer myself up, I'm researching a trip online (I know -- put on your "big surprise!" face). In my dream scenario, I find a job before my term at the current place expires on June 30 and they let me start in late July or August 1 and I have time to take a lengthy trip to southeast Asia. It's far from a certainty that I'll be able to swing that, but it gives me something to hope for.

No comments: